July 30, 2012

Cinco de Mayo and Strawberry Jam (May 5, 2012)


Today we went to Gammy and Granddaddy's to have Mexican enchiladas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  We asked Annaliese to say the blessing before dinner and she paused looked up at us and said, "I have no food."  I hadn't put the food on her plate yet so I guess she felt like she couldn't bless the food until she had the food...pretty smart I thought!  Later Annaliese helped Gammy and I make strawberry jam.  This is a special event for me because there are pictures of me helping my mom make strawberry jam before she died.  She had a love for strawberries and loved to pick them and especially make jam!  It means so much to me that I can share this family time with my own daughter and make our own same family memories.




No comments:

Post a Comment