August 1, 2012

Yankee Doodle and All Signed Up (June 5, 2012)


I stayed up late last night looking through my mom's old piano music until I came acroos Yankee Doodle.  I stayed up until I learned the first part of Yankee Doodle.  Today I played again only 4 notes of the song and Annaliese immediately told me the name of the song without me even saying a word.  I am just so impressed with her keen connection to the sounds of songs.  Of course she was extremely excited that I could play her favorite song!  We walked down to Ava's house today to play for a few minutes and Annaliese had to of course stroll baby.  After nap we went to get Annaliese signed up for dance class.  I'm so excited to say that my little girl is old enough to start dancing.  As most of you know I started taking dance when I was 2 and a half and took for 26 years until my dance teacher retired.  Since I don't have my dance teacher to teach Annaliese anymore I had to find someone else.  I am so happy to have Mrs. Mary Ann Wood be Annaliese's dance teacher.  Mrs. Mary Ann is one of my dance teacher's dearest friends and they took dance togther when they were little under Mrs. Eva May Morris.  I know Mrs. Mary Ann and she has see me dance in my recitals all my life.  I knew that when Annaliese was old enough I wanted to put her with a dance teacher that I knew and trusted and would treat her with love and care.  Tonight we went to Mrs. Mary Ann's studio so that Annaliese could get signed up for the summer camp she has.  She will take for 4 weeks in the summer as just a fun exercise and then official start dancing in October for the regular season.  We are going to use the summer as a trial to see how she does and to see her interest in it.  I am certainly not going to be the mom that forces my child to do something just because I did it.  But I will be the kind of mom that encourages her to stick with one or two talents so that she can become very good at them.  Annaliese fell asleep in the car on our way there and so when I got there she was a little quiet.  After we signed up the secretary asked us if we wanted to see the studio.  When we got back there Mrs. Mary Ann just hugged us and told us how happy she was that we were there.  She let us sit down and watch the big girls do their recital routine.  Annaliese was so excited and just perked up when she saw the dancers.  She was putting her arms out like they were and wanted to get down and join them.  When we left the room and I put her down in the waiting area she ran off and was headed back to the studio until I caught her.  She was ready to go back right away.  She was really interested in the dancers and I think she will have a lot of fun at dance class!  Later we went to Gammy's to do dishes (since I still don't have a working sink) and we watched the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.  When they started to play their anthem Annaliese picked up her American flag and started waving it!




No comments:

Post a Comment