August 13, 2012

First Tides Game (June 14, 2012)


Today we still felt pretty crummy so we stayed in most of the day.  She would say things like, "tummy hurts, Mommy" over and over and it would break my heart.  Then she would say, "Quila (will) make me feel better or my toys (will) make me feel better" when it was hurting so bad.  Then when it wasn't hurting she'd say "It's going away right now."  It was so nice for me that she could so clearly communicate what was going on step by step so that I could try to help her and comfort her.  Having your children sick on top of you feeling sick also is the worst. 
Later we decided that we would brave it and go out for a while.  We rode the Tide with Daddy, Grandaddy, and Uncle Clay and went down to her first Tides game.  Uncle Clay had gotten free tickets and we already had it planned for a couple days so we hated not to go.  It turned out really great and Annaliese had a fun time.  She enjoyed watching Rip Tide the mascot and all the other people dressed in costume running around the field.  She also enjoyed the yummy snacks at the game.  She sang along to "Take me out to the ballgame" and the "National Anthem" as they were played.  She know most of the word to out National Anthem but needs to sing them along with someone...with some prompting.  We had a lot of fun!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment