August 13, 2012

First Tick (June 21, 2012)


Today I was supposed to have training but it was cancelled.  We ran errands during the day and then came home for nap.  That evening we were headed to Family Night and stopped by Sams Club to run in.  I put Annaliese in the shopping cart and was beginning to put up her pony tail when I noticed a tiny tick on the back of her neck at the edge of her hair line.  I of course ran through the store as fast as I could to get what I needed so that I could get to Aunt Loretta's and remove the tick.  Earlier in the day she had stayed with Aunt Loretta, when I thought I'd have my training, and she was outside with her hanging clothes.  We think that she probably got the tick then because there are woods behind her house.  I called ahead to let Aunt Loretta know what was going on so she had everything ready when we got there.  The whole fam provided moral support through the process.  I finally got the tick out after MULTIPLE attempts.  Annaliese was very brave...no tears...and was a trooper the whole time.  She later took a picture with her tick...the pediatrician said we had to save it just in case!  So, she had her first splinter and first tick all in the same week!

It was about the size of a period at the end of a sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment